- The Investigations Bureau is comprised of two Investigators who have received specialized training in interviews and interrogations, crime scene processing, evidence handling and many other specialized areas.
- The Investigators work closely with the Patrol Officers, School Resource Officer (SRO) and outside agencies to collaborate on many of the cases that come to the attention of the Department.
- One Investigator is primarily assigned to investigate crimes against persons and property, such as Assaults, Burglaries and Thefts.
- Additionally, this investigator is responsible for the handling of all of the evidence that is generated by the department and ensuring evidence is submitted to the proper entities for forensic examination.
- Not all crimes are assigned to an Investigator, Patrol Officers are encouraged to work cases as far as possible before passing them on to the Investigator.
- WING is the Western Nebraska Intelligence and Narcotics Group Drug Task Force and is comprised of several Panhandle Agencies that pool resources to combat illegal narcotic trafficking.
- One Investigator is assigned full-time to WING and the City receives partial salary reimbursement via grant funding.
- Participation in WING allows the participating agencies to take a systematic and coordinated approach to curbing the manufacture, distribution and use of illegal narcotics throughout the Panhandle.