- The Sidney Police Department provides House/Vacation Security checks at the request of residents of the City.
- If you would like to request security checks of your residence while you are out of town, please contact the Cheyenne County Emergency Communications Center at 308-254-5515, or contact any Sidney Police Department officer.
- We will need some basic information from you:
- Address, Date of Departure, Date of Return, Contact Phone Number, Name and Contact Information for a friend or neighbor who will be responsible for your residence while you are away.
- Officers will periodically check your residence, as call load permits, during your absence to ensure it is secure.
We also provide fingerprinting services for employment and licensing Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Individuals can come to the Police Department to be fingerprinted.
- Businesses or large groups can contact the Police Department to arrange for an officer to come to your location to fingerprint five or more persons.
- If you are interested in exploring what being a police officer involves, we offer a Ride-Along program.
- You can ride along with an officer while they are working.
- This is a great program to allow citizens to catch a glimpse of what their officers' job consists of.
- If you are interested in participating additional details can be found here: Ride-Along Packet (PDF)