- The Records Bureau is responsible for the maintenance, dissemination and forwarding of departmental records.
- The Sidney Police Department submits all crime data to the Nebraska State Patrol in order to contribute to the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.
- The Sidney Police Department's records are stored electronically by means of a Records Management System (RMS) software program called Enterpol.
- The Sidney Police Department can provide individuals with a check of their local records maintained and created by the Sidney Police Department ONLY.
- Individuals or Businesses wishing to obtain a thorough records check should contact the Nebraska State Patrol to fulfill the request.
Copies of Reports
- Accident Reports are Open Public Records.
- A general summary of Criminal Reports can also be released.
- Full copies of Criminal Reports will only be released pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
- Copies of crime and accident reports are usually available three to five days after the report was made.
- Individuals can obtain copies of reports at the Police Department located at 1715 Illinois, Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Fees for Reports
|Crime Reports||$1.00 / Page|
|Copies of Photos||$1.00 / Page|
|CD's of Photos||$20 / CD|
|CD/DVD Copies||$20 / CD or DVD|