Aquatic Center Overview
The Swimming Pool employs one pool manager and three assistant managers. There are 21 lifeguards who rotate shifts. Maximum capacity is 331. The Pool is under the direction of the Park Superintendent.
Aquatic Center Features
3,400 Square Foot Competition Pool
- 6 lanes x 25 Yards
- Starts at 3 1/2 feet, deepens to 7 feet deep
- Includes handicapped aquatic lift
- Accommodations for water polo, basketball and volleyball
2,100 Square Foot Leisure Pool:
- Tree house slide for young kids
- 10 foot tall small dumping bucket
- Rotating Pod Spray "The Snail"
- Water Spray Dome "The Water Bug"
- 5 deck geysers
- 20 foot underwater bench
- 90 foot lazy river
- Walk-in, handicapped entries and stair
- Men's, women's and family changing areas
- Support space for lifeguards and pool equipment
Other Pool Information
- The pool will be open Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Times are designated for adult lap swimming, swimming lessons, swim team, night swimming and full public access swimming
- Life guards are Red Cross trained and certified
- A licensed, full-time Pool Manager is on site at all times when the pool is open
- Chlorine levels are strictly maintained at the levels set by the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible person in the baby pool
- Swim diapers are required
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited at this site
- No glass containers or carry-in food allowed in the pool area
- Swimming or not, all attendees pay the daily fees
- Concessions are available, no outside food will be allowed
- Hardships cases, please contact Kiersten Richards at (308) 254-0956 or (308) 279-1138.
- Friday nights are reserved for private parties. A weeks notice is required to line up staffing
2018 Aquatic Center opens May 26 and will close September 2
After school starts on August 16, the Aquatic Center will be open from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for adult lap swimming. The AC will open for public swimming on Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
|Activity||Day | Time|
|Public Swimming||Daily 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Swim Team||Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.|
|Swimming Lessons||Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. / 10 am - 11 am / 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Adult Lap Swimming||Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 7 a.m. & 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Public Night Swimming||Starts Sunday, July 8: Each Sunday 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. & Wednesday 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. - July Only|
|Type||Daily Admission||Season Pass | Other Fees|
|Children (5 and under)||$3.00||$45.00|
|Seniors (62 & up)||$3.00||$45.00|
|Swimming Lessons||N/A||$45.00 (5 sessions)|
|Water Aerobics||N/A||$35.00 with purchase of season pass|
|Water Aerobics||N/A||$35.00 plus daily center admittance|
|Aquatic Center rental||N/A||$125.00 per hour|
Family pool passes are for immediate family members living in the household only. Immediate family is defined as a mother and/or father, children and step-children living in one household (children must be 18 and under). Unmarried children, 19-23, may be on the membership only if the child is a fulltime college student or is in the military with proper college or military ID. Foster children or other children under the legal guardianship of a parent may be added to a family membership by providing a copy of the official court documents awarding the member custody of the child.
Swimming Lessons - 2018
Contact Kiersten Richards at (308) 254-0956 or (308) 279-1138 for sign up information.
Swimming Lessons Dates:
- Week 1 - Monday, June 4
- Week 2 - Monday, June 11
- Week 3 - Monday, June 18
- Week 4 - Monday, June 25
June 16th - POOL CLOSED
Dash for the Splash Triathlon
Saturday, August 4th
For additional information on swimming lesson dates, private lessons, Mom's and Tot's, water aerobics or general questions, contact Kiersten Richards at (308) 254-0956 or (308) 279-1138.
Life Guard applications available February 5 to March 15 from Jo Houser at the City Hall.