The Solid Waste Department has eight full time and two part-time employees. Seasonal help is added in the summertime. The Solid Waste Department is under the direction of the Public Services Director.
Solid Waste Customers
- 2600 residential
- 400 commercial
- 90 rural
The City services rural customers inside a 5-mile radius of Sidney. Any request for service outside of that radius is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The Solid Waste Department handles the collection, hauling and disposal of garbage from residents and businesses in Sidney. Garbage is then baled and buried at the Sidney's landfill.
- Operations of the Subtitle D Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill
- Operations of the Construction and Demolition Landfill
- Baling Facility
- Collection and hauling of garbage both residential and commercial
- Collects and processes recycling roll offs at the Recycling Center
- Compost Site
- Wood chips generally available in April on a first come basis
- Estimated life expectancy of current MSW cell is approximately 30 years
- Estimated total site life is approximately 73 years