Aquatic Center Overview
The Swimming Pool employs one pool manager and three assistant managers. There are 14 lifeguards who rotate shifts. Maximum capacity is 331. The Pool is under the direction of the Park Superintendent.
Aquatic Center Features
3,400 Square Foot Competition Pool
- 6 lanes x 25 Yards
- Starts at 3 1/2 feet, deepens to 7 feet deep
- Includes dive, handicapped entries and stair
- Accommodations for water polo, basketball, volleyball and slack line
2,100 Square Foot Leisure Pool:
- Tree house slide for young kids
- 10 foot tall small dumping bucket
- Rotating Pod Spray "The Snail"
- Water Spray Dome "The Water Bug"
- 5 deck geysers
- 20 foot underwater bench
- 90 foot lazy river
- Walk-in, handicapped entries and stair
- Men's, women's and family changing areas
- Support space for lifeguards and pool equipment
Other Pool Information
- The pool will be open Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Times are designated for adult lap swimming, swimming lessons, swim team, night swimming and full public access swimming
- Life guards are Red Cross trained and certified
- A licensed, full-time Pool Manager is on site at all times when the pool is open
- Chlorine levels are strictly maintained at the levels set by the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible person in the baby pool
- Swim diapers are required
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited at this site
- No glass containers or carry-in food allowed in the pool area
- Swimming or not, all attendees pay the daily fees
- Concessions are available, no outside food will be allowed
- Hardship cases for pool entry fees are handled through the Cheyenne County Community Center
- Friday nights are reserved for private parties. A weeks notice is required to line up staffing
2017 Aquatic Center opens May 27 and will close September 3.After school starts on August 17, the Aquatic Center will be open from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm for adult lap swimming. The AC will open for public swimming on Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
||Day | Time
||Daily 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
||Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.
||Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.|
|Adult Lap Swimming|| Monday - Friday 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
|Public Night Swimming||Monday - Thursday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
|| Season Pass | Other Fees
| Children (5 and under)
| Youth (6-18)
| Adults (18-61)
| Seniors (62 & up)
| Swimming Lessons
|| $45.00 (5 sessions)
| Water Aerobics
|| $35.00 with purchase of season pass
| Water Aerobics
|| $35.00 plus daily center admittance
| Aquatic Center rental
|| $125.00 per hour
Family pool passes are for immediate family members living in the household only. Immediate family is defined as a mother and/or father, children and step-children living in one household (children must be 18 and under). Unmarried children, 19-23, may be on the membership only if the child is a fulltime college student or is in the military with proper college or military ID. Foster children or other children under the legal guardianship of a parent may be added to a family membership by providing a copy of the official court documents awarding the member custody of the child.
Swimming Lessons - 2017
Swimming Lesson sign up will be held at the Cheyenne County Community Center lobby on Monday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 2 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm and on Monday, May 8 and Tuesday, May 9 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
Swimming Lessons Dates:
- June 5, 12, 19, 26 and July 10
Monday and Thursdays at 12:00 pm, beginning Monday, June 5.
For additional information on swimming lesson dates, private lessons, Mom's and Tot's, water aerobics or general questions, contact Kiersten Richards at (308) 254-0956 or (308) 279-1138.
Season Pass Application